HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE CYCLE ?
- Try to keep up a regular pace throughout your cycling outings without pushing yourself too hard from the beginning. This will get you used to keeping something back for when you start the run on the day of the race.
- Ride with your usual bike (hybrid, mountain) and, if you get the opportunity, you can try out a road bike. Remember to get your frame serviced if you haven't used it for a long time (brakes, tyre pressure, etc.)!
- Practise changing gears regularly and anticipating any uphill sections by shifting gear.
- If you get the opportunity, join a group outing so that you get used to riding beside other cyclists.
- Get used to drinking while riding as well as grabbing your water bottle and putting it back in the water bottle cage.
- Try out to your provisions while training to avoid any surprises on the day of the race.