WHY IS RECOVERY NECESSARY?
Physical activity leads to general fatigue and muscle fatigue, so the body needs to adapt and advance. The recovery ration must make up for the consequences of your training sessions. Therefore, your food must enable you to:
- Replenish energy reserves so you can tackle a series of training sessions.
- Rehydrate because training sessions cause perspiration and loss of water.
- Repair the muscle fibres damaged by training.
- Rebalance your pH, since physical effort can lead to acidification of the body.
- Tackle radical attacks, since long and intense training sessions can give rise to the production of free radicals.
- Re-establish your immune defences, which can often be depleted by intense effort.