Those doing weight training are faced with two very different objectives: weight gain and weight cutting or getting lean. Whichever objective is pursued, it requires athlete to rigorously watch their weight. The diet is at the heart of this effort.
Weight training and muscle mass gain
Weight training and weight cutting
- Slightly reduce daily calorie intake over several weeks for progressive weight loss. It should be 1 to 2 kg per month to be sure not to regain weight afterwards.
- The protein intake must be approximately 1.5 to 1.7g / kg / day to sustain muscle mass
- Do not remove fat content from diet, limit saturated fat content (animal) to a maximum to give priority to unsaturated fat content (vegetable)
- The carbohydrates must be included in each meal. Give priority to complex carbohydrates (slow-release carbs)
- Hydration has a key role during weight cutting.